Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Distractible Times

I would not consider myself to be a person that is easily distracted; however, my most distractible times are during Bible reading, prayer and worship; personal or corporate. Why is that? It seems to be a continual battle to stay focused and honestly I fail more than I succeed. I'm afraid I have grossly missed true worship.
In light of that, I have already begun to ask the Lord to teach me not only to worship but to be a worshiper. I've been a believer about 23 years and I'm just now getting around to asking God to develop this area of my life. Perhaps I am just now coming to the realization that I am not a true worshiper.
It is my desire to be a whole-hearted, true worshiper of the One True God -Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Won't you join me on this journey? If so, begin by asking God to teach you to be just that-a true worshiper.

John 4: 23-24, "But the hour is coming and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.

Diane @lists.americaskeswick.org

No comments: