Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Fellowship

Matthew 10:27, "Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops."

Fellowship. I think often we associate fellowship with food and that can be a component of Biblical Fellowship but it does not constitute it. Food is not required for fellowship.
Our verse for today reminded me of two very dear friends of mine. Two women, vastly different but with this in common - they speak often of the Lord and what He has been teaching them. I can't remember a conversation with either that they did not refer to the Lord in some way. One woman my mentor-Joanne taught me in words and actions what it means to love Jesus. The other woman a close friend -Sherrill-has taught me that in spite of life's circumstances and a broken heart through the recent loss of her husband, Jesus is all she needs. These two women have demonstrated Matthew 10:27 to me. What Jesus has spoken to them in the dark they have shared in the light.
Isn't that Biblical Fellowship? Sharing life. Sharing what Jesus has spoken to you, has taught or is teaching you. Sharing in another's walk with the Savior can inspire, teach, encourage, admonish and challenge us.
In many ways, that is what Victory Call is about. What we hear we share. I, for one, can attest to the fact that God has much work to do in my life yet and I am thankful that He continues to lead, teach, guide and change me. I am committed to speaking that in the light.
Are you sharing with others what God is teaching you? What is Jesus whispering or perhaps even shouting in your ear? Speak it in the light.

Diane

No comments: