Thursday, July 05, 2012

Discover


My niece graduated from High School this year. As I was preparing to send her a card and, of course money, that is what I was sure she was looking forward to, I wanted to add something to the card. I searched for perhaps a small gift, or words to write that might touch her heart. I found a card about reaching your dreams and a rock with the word "discover" on it. It seemed altogether perfect.

Remember back to the time you graduated from High School? I sure do. I was anxious to move forward, excited about all the potential things they lie ahead of me. I was very ready to grow up and get my college career started. I imagine she feels the same way.

I search my concordance for the word "Discover".

We can discover history (Ezra 4:15.... so that a search may be made in the record books of your fathers. And you will discover in the record books and learn that that city is a rebellious city and damaging to kings and provinces, and that they have incited revolt within it in past days; therefore that city was laid waste. NAS) I wish students today would learn the history of our nation and the biblical foundation on which it was founded. I wish that they would study failed cultures and the behaviors that led to their crumbling. I am sure my niece will discover many new things at college in the field of her choosing.

We can discover if we are on the wrong path and make a change of direction. (Jer. 8:4 Jeremiah, say to the people, 'This is what the LORD says: "'When people fall down, don't they get up again? When they discover they're on the wrong road, don't they turn back? NLT) I pray if she is on the wrong path, Holy Spirit will lead her to a path of righteousness and the destiny God has prepared for her.

We can discover that God is TRUE. (John 3:33 Anyone who accepts his testimony can affirm that God is true. NLT) Yes and AMEN; May she find that God and His Word is True!!

As you and I study the Word may we, too, discover new things we have not known before. May the Word reveal if we are on a wrong path and may Holy Spirit shift us to a path of righteousness, a path leading to the destiny that the Lord has prepared for us. May we daily find that the God we serve is TRUE. He is true to His promises; He is true to His Word

Be blessed as you DISCOVER today.

Patricia L. Wenzel
WOC Graduate



No comments: