Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I NEED CLARITY

DAY TWO

I NEED CLARITY

I walked out of the hospital after our son died as the result of a car crash caused by a drunk driver. I was thinking about the woman who had talked to me on the phone at the hospital. When I told her the doctors said Nathan was dying, the woman commented, "Oh you can't talk like that. Death comes from Satan. If you talk like that and Nathan dies, it will be your fault because you gave up. My mind was filled with the thought, It's your fault. It's your fault!


This lady was a long-time Christian, but she told me a lie. I don't think she meant to deceive me; she simply didn't know God's Word.
Is it possible that someone with good intent can mislead us? It even happened in Scripture. Read 1 Samuel 24:3-7. David�s loyal, faithful men....men dedicated to God, gave David wrong advice. It is possible to get wrong advice from good, Christian people.
As I walked out of the hospital, I knew that lady was wrong, but I asked God to give me a verse to help me. �Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints� (Psalm 116:15). I slowly realized my son�s death was not dependent on how his mother prayed. God called Nathan home that night, and his homecoming was precious to the Lord.

Matthew 24:11 says: �And many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.�

How can we find the truth? By devouring God�s word. As we are students of Scripture, it will be clear to us when we are told a lie.

CHRIST CLARIFIES/ SATAN CONFUSES

MWH

No comments: