Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Ashamed"

I found myself running to Jesus this morning. Two friends had shared some heavy burdens and I just felt the need to lay them at the feet of Jesus. But when I knelt to pray, I realized I hadn't been quieted on my knees in quite awhile.

Hhmmmm....maybe I need to take care of some things before I start to barrage God with my load! I started asking myself why I hadn't been in prayer fellowship with God and thought, "Wow! I must think a lot of myself! For when I feel things are too big for ME then I go to Jesus?" *sigh* Oh boy! How did I stray so far?! How ashamed I felt!

So I spent some time confessing and taking a look into my heart before I laid my burdens for others at His feet. I looked at the way I was spending my time. Was I spending it with my Lord in His Word or was I sleeping in? Was I spending time with other believers and being encouraged to speak the name of Christ and what He has been doing in my life or was I zoning in front of the TV/computer? What kind of music was I listening to? (Not an issue for everyone, but for me it is)

I was discovering a lot of SELF was present. Filling myself with what "I" wanted to do and be about. Wow, Lord! Forgive me! "Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love." I'm glad that He reminds me when I stray - baaah, baaah! So thankful that He is a good Shepherd!

"Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above. Amen"

May we take today to stop and do a little inventory - how are we doing in our communion with our Lord? Are we straying or are we in the fold? Thank Him today for drawing us back to Himself.

Sue Mercer
WOC Graduate

DIGGING DEEPER
James 1:12
12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

No comments: