Friday, December 01, 2006

Being a Woman of Influence Part V -

Being a Woman of Influence Part V -

Romans 12:11 (New International Version)
"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord".
This week we have looked at a queen, a women leader, two sweet women and some no named women....so where does that leave us?
Maybe after this week have you found yourself in one of these women. Maybe you really can not relate to any of them. Let me challenge you to study women of the Bible. I have enjoyed so much learning all about them. Many times in church we study the lives of biblical men but "woman to woman", we can learn a lot.
The whole point of this series is for us to stop and learn from some important times in history and from some important women. If the Lord has chosen to share the lives of these women in the Bible - there must be something for us to learn.
I shared with you earlier in the week that it only took one woman to take prayer out of school. Where were you when she was doing this? Why did you allow this? What could you have done to make a difference? Are you the one who will bring it back?
Our nation is loosing its freedom! Our nation is addicted to drugs, sex, money, things, food, lifestyle, "being #1" and so much more. If our focus is always on these things where does that leave us as a nation when the enemy moves in? Are you the one woman who can make a difference in one life so in turn they can change one life? It only needs to start with one woman. Can you save a Nation like Ester or Deborah?
I have a poem in my kitchen that says... "In a thousands years from now it will not matter how much money I have, what kind of car I drove and how many dishes I washed, but it will matter the time I spent in someone's life." WOW I need to read this every time I am washing the dishes and my four year old needs me to play with him or my seventeen year old need to talk. I need to make a difference in these two precious lives.
Ephesians 6:7 (New International Version)
"Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men..."
I do not know what God has called you to do or what gifts he has given you. I know that many times I feel like what I have to offer is not enough. I feel that someone can do it better and probably has. Well this is all true, but God has called me to do certain tasks whether someone is better at it or not, it was ME He called!!
I trust our time together this week was an encouragement and that I have been able to be a woman of influence even in a small way to you. Remember that God loves you and will always be there with words of wisdom, encouragement, and instruction for when we need to refreshed. Maybe this poem will encourage your heart to serve him always. Lynn W
One Talent

I have no voice for singing;
I cannot make a speech;
I have no gift for music;
I know I cannot teach.
I am no good at leading;
I cannot "organize";
And anything I write
Would never win a prize.
But at roll call in the meetings
I always answer "Here".
When others are performing
I lend a Listening ear.
After the program's over
I praise its every part
My words are not to flatter
I mean them from the heart.
It seems my only talent
Is neither big nor rare:
Just to listen and encourage,
And to fill a vacant chair,
But all the gifted people
Could not so brightly shine
Were it not for those who use
A talent such a mine!

Christian Missions Press Inc.
Waynesboro, Georgia

No comments: