Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Look out "I" am on a mission....

Look out "I" am on a mission....
Luke 12:35 (NIV)
"Be dressed ready for service...."

The other day I was walking into an area where I work and "I" was on a mission. Yes "I" had someone to see and something to do. In the mist of my mission, someone said hello to me and I responded back to them with a half-hearted hello.

When my mission was over, I was left with the feeling like they did not need me at all and I felt a little left out. As I walked back to my desk the light went off, "how did it feel when you were not included in something or someone rushed past me?" It made me stop and take a look how I rushed past a very pleasant hello from someone who was being so kind to me when I had my mission at hand to take care of.

What is so important that we can not stop and greet another person. You know if the Lord walked in a room we would all stop what we were doing and greet Him. If a person we admired really liked and or a person we would consider to be important - walked by I am sure we would stop.

If I am to commit each day to the Lord, and each and every minute I need to realize that He has planned my day including the things I might choose to rush past. These very things might be the things He wants me to do today. I need to be ready to serve or minister to whomever he sends my way.

A prayer for today could be... "Oh Lord help me to slow down and say hello to the special person you send my way today. Lord help me to serve you and remember that each day is yours and not mine." Lynn W
Proverbs 16:9 (NIV)"In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps."
2 Corinthians 9:12 (NIV)"This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God."

No comments: