Monday, November 26, 2007

He Never Changes -- Rewind

He NEVER changes! ...Rewind
I thought it might be helpful to return to this Victory Call from last month. A few have misunderstood what I meant and written to me. I hope this will clarify some things for those who were a bit confused but didn't write...
Psalm 102:27 "But you remain the same and your years never end."
Is there someone who you think you know like "the back of your hand?" Maybe a spouse, friend or family member? Have you ever thought that you knew them so well that you knew what they would say or do in any given situation? "Oh...she would never...he will always..." You might even comment that you would stake your life on it because you think you know them so well! Then... this person says or does something totally out of character and it throws you for a loop!
Funny, but people are like that. We might change our minds, learn something new or find out we were wrong about one thing or another. Maybe the person you know always thought or felt this certain way but they never shared it with you. Then we become confused, angry and our trust in them is broken.
If God is not the same yesterday, today and tomorrow; if God isn't always holy, righteous and just, then maybe, lying, cheating, stealing, addiction, adultery, homosexuality, etc., are okay with Him?
Praise the Lord that none of these are true and our God never changes!
Can you imagine if our God was this way - unpredictable? Changeable?...What would it mean for our lives???
I don't know about you, but that is a very scary thought! I find great comfort and peace knowing that the God of the universe is the One and only God. He tells us in His Word that He never changes. I can know God, who He is and His character. There is great comfort in knowing God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow...no surprises. If I fix my gaze on Him, spend time with Him, I can trust the promises and truths in the Bible. I will be able to rest in Him.
If I fix my gaze on Him, it means I'm spending time getting to know Him better through His truth found only in the Bible. The more I do this the more my relationship with Him grows. As a result, my trust in Him grows along with my faith. The better I know God it becomes a source of great joy, peace and trust. I will know without a doubt that God is exactly what and who He says He is. He never changes!
Psalm 62:5 "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him."

MaryAnn

No comments: