Friday, January 02, 2009

New Beginnings

It's time to ring in another new year....2009. A time for new beginnings. So many of us look where we have been and make plans or resolutions to do something in a new way, or NOT to do something. I know I have done it and I really can't think of one resolution I truly followed through with which then became a part of my life.

Not that it's a bad thing to make resolutions. However, the problem lies in what I'm are relying on to carry it through. Too many times I just make a resolution without even lifting up a prayer, or a cry to the Lord to seek Him in the midst of whatever the struggle is. Then I make my own plans and plunge ahead full force only to fall flat on my face and end up feeling like a failure.

It's not about what I want but what God wants for me.

It's not about what I can do but what God can do through me.

Its' not about how much willpower or strength I have, but about Jesus who lives in me who gives me the strength I need.

Really it's not about me at all but all about Him.

This year instead of my plans for change, my plans for accomplishment, I think I want to seek God in the midst of it first, then follow His plan, because I know He will give me what I need if it's His plan and not mine.

Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."

Matthew 26:41 - "Watch and pray so that you so not fall into temptation. The Spirit is willing but the body is weak."

Philippians 4:19 - "My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ."

John 16:24 - "Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."

1 Thessalonians 5:17 - "...pray continually."

You know, I'm thinking THIS is a winning plan! How can I go wrong? Would you like to join me for true change with God's plan?

MaryAnn

MaryAnn and John Kiernan have been married for 35 years, have 2 grown/married sons and are the proud grandparents of two grandsons. She serves at America's KESWICK as a Biblical Counselor and also as Intake Coordinator for the Colony of Mercy. Her life verse is Romans 8:28.

No comments: