Thursday, August 06, 2009

Time Three

Today is the final chapter of Martha's vignette. What we've been given is a glimpse into the possible life of many a believer - maybe even you. For me, this snapshot has been a serious hug from God. Only a loving Father cares enough to teach us, rebuke or correct us and then draw near enough to allow us to lean way, way in and rest our weary, repentant and sorrowful heads in and under the shadow of His wings.

Psalm 36:6-8 speaks to us of God from history past, "How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house, and You give them drink from the river of Your delights."1

The Message, -a Scripture paraphrase- sets the pen to paper in a way that is full of description. "God's love is meteoric, his loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, his verdicts oceanic. Yet in his largeness nothing gets lost. Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks. How exquisite your love, O God! How eager we are to run under your wings, to eat our fill at the banquet you spread as you fill our tankards with Eden spring water." Psalm 36:5-8

Dear sisters, we don't have to be thirsty or hungry! Let's invite Him who is the Bread of Life into our day. Let's taste and see that He, the Lord, is good.

Who but God is big enough to be all and everything we need Him to be? Who but God can take our time and somehow multiply it, enabling us to accomplish all that He calls us to?

"Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!" Psalm 19:23-24
"Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I'm about; see for Yourself whether I've done anything wrong then guide me on the road to eternal life." The Message Paraphrase

Remember we serve a God who is, "able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power in us." Ephesians 3:2

My Question for You: Will you allow God to try you concerning the time you are given?

Stephanie

No comments: