Monday, August 24, 2009

Who are you living for?

2 Corinthians 5:15 "...and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised."

The alarm clock clicks on and the morning weather report becomes audible. More rain. Yuk. DO DEVOTIONS. I'm too tired. I got to bed late last night and I didn't sleep well. I'm sure God understands. I'll get to them later. I doze off.

The hot shower feels good. PRAY. Father, thank You for another day.. I pray for Dana and her family as they go through this difficult time... Dinner - What should I take out of the freezer for dinner? I remember that recipe I wanted to try from Joan. Joan, I wonder how her niece is doing. Niece!? Saturday is little Elizabeth's birthday, I better get a gift.

The drive to work. PRAY. I turn on the radio instead. The music is soothing and after all it is Christian. What could be bad about that?

Lunch with a godly friend is enjoyable. She shares about how God is blessing her life through her Bible reading and study. Pangs of guilt and longing. Tonight, I'll spend time in the Word after dinner.

Driving home from work- daydreaming about mostly nothing. I'll call Mom - HANDHELD DEVICES ARE ILLEGAL WHEN DRIVING - oh, I'll be careful.

Dinner dishes are dried and put away. I'll read my Bible now, I mean right after I put that load of towels in the dryer, then I'll read my Bible.

On my way upstairs, I notice my husband is watching the ball game. I'm sure God wants me to spend time with my husband. COME SPEND TIME WITH ME. I'll read and pray before I go to bed.

Bedtime - I'm too tired to read the Bible, I wouldn't get much out of it. I'll read something else for a few minutes. In minutes, I'm asleep.

The alarm clock clicks on and the morning weather report becomes audible...

2 Corinthians 5:15 "...and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised."

The choices you make today - are they evidence that you are living for yourself, or for HIM?

Diane

No comments: