Friday, December 18, 2009

He Is Safe

I am always deeply touched by the timelessness of God and the way He can and does use all of life to teach us, maybe even chastise us, yet, always to draw us closer and deeper into relationship with Himself. I thank Him and I praise Him for seeing, hearing and knowing our deepest inmost heart and for seeing the vision of all that we are and all that we have not yet been.

I know that in spite of the deadness that we/I may sometimes feel, my mouth is open wide to feed from the bounty of His table. How well He does know that I often...too often... settle for the crumbs that fall to the floor...and yet He continually calls and says, "Come."

Today...contrary to how I feel, I purpose to rejoice in His ineffable Name. Today, I take the time I am given to draw near and be fed, nourished, taught, loved and cared for by the One who is our Comforter.

One of the things I plan to do today is a brain dump or a data dump. However, as much as I'd like to do that before anything else, I find I must do something greater and that is devote some time to sit with the Savior. The thing I love about devotions or time with Him is I get to sing, shout, talk, listen, cry and when I'm feeling better, I even get to dance.

Without holding back, I get to give God my everything, and in the midst of it know beyond any doubt that I won't be rejected, laughed at or scorned by my Father because I am accepted in the Beloved.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. ~ Ephesians 1:3-61

Dear sisters, Father's arms are open wide and His lap is as deep as the oceans and we are 100% safe. He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." ~ Psalm 91:1-2 NKJV

Sisters, time with the Lord ~ with Father ~ is time when we can all take our masks off and get real, knowing He is a refuge, a safe place.

Stephanie

No comments: