Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Draw Near To Him ...

A good friend of mine suggested I try pandora.com. It is an online radio station where they let you put together artists that you like and then it plays that genre of music.

So I gave it a try. I typed in Twila Paris, one of my favorite artists, and they began playing one of her songs followed by other worship type songs. I cannot tell you how my spirits were lifted having that music play in my home while I was doing housework. And that day my weary soul was blessed over and over with WONDERFUL worship music.

A number of songs caught my attention but one in particular was of interest. It was "Your Grace Still Amazes Me" by Philips, Craig, and Dean.

I wish they had a repeat button because I would have played it over and over! It has stuck in my head and I've wanted to hear it again. So I tried to put that in to pandora but it wouldn't play that exact song!! I was frustrated so I went to another sight to see if they would play it. I typed in song title and saw Philips, Craig and Dean but when I went to play it, it was some choir singing it! I didn't want to hear them! I wanted to hear Philips, Craig and Dean! I tried typing in their name but came up with the same choir! Needless to say I was about to go to Walmart to see if they had the CD! But for monetary reasons I chose to ignore immediate gratification!

I would like to finish my story but will continue it tomorrow...but for now, is your heart weary?

Is it restless? Let me suggest that you draw near to Him by just listening...either through reading His Word or listening to worship music. Songs that speak of the wonders of God, HIS faithfulness to us, and His character. Draw near to Him...

DIGGING DEEPER
Psalm 62:5
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
for my hope is from him.

UPCOMING EVENT
May is fast approaching and we will be hosting our 2nd annual Family Freedom Walk on Saturday, May 8th. You can help in two ways. 1. walk - call guest services to obtain a walk package, solicit sponsors and come to the walk. 2. (this is a fun one) Sponsor Victory Call for the walk. We are having a friendly competition between the 2 groups of devotional readers (Freedom Fighters and Victory Call). Our goal is to raise more funds for the Victory Call team than the men raise for the Freedom Fighter's team. If you would like to join the fun, simply go to this link on our website https://01.secure.elexio.com/donations.aspx?id=366346&websiteurl=http://www.americaskeswick.org&siteid=2184 fill out the information and indicate in the "DESIGNATION" area : Family Freedom Walk: Victory Call or if you prefer make your check out to America's KESWICK and put in the memo line: FFW/Victory Call and mail to : America's KESWICK 601 Route 530 Whiting, NJ 08759. ALL DONATIONS MUST ARRIVE NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, MAY 5TH in order to be counted for our TEAM. Come on ladies, we can do it!!!

No comments: