Thursday, April 29, 2010

See Him, Hear Him, Praise Him

Two days ago, I was frustrated because I wasn't able to hear a certain song. And yesterday I shared how we need to do battle with the unseen reality. So today let's get into it!

It was a Monday morning and I was getting the kids ready for school. I put on pandora.com in hopes that I might hear the song sometime during the day! So after all the kids left I was ready to do battle!

I took my Sword of the Spirit, my Bible, and headed to the attic. I had felt like God wanted me to cleanse our home of unseen evil. So I began to pray for Him to cleanse our attic and anything not of Him. Then I came down to the bedrooms and prayed over them. Then to the bathroom, closets and halls! I wanted every inch of the home cleansed and covered by the blood of Christ! I came down to the living room and then to the dining room. I walked over to the computer to turn down the music while I prayed. As I walked up to the computer a song was just starting to play...do you know what song it was??At that EXACT moment it began playing "Your Grace Still Amazes Me" BY Philips, Craig and Dean!!!!!! I was floored!! Literally! I dropped to my knees and began sobbing!! That song could have played when I was upstairs or later in the day but it DIDN'T!! It played RIGHT THEN!! It's like God wanted me to know that He SAW me, HE knows me. How humbling!! It was also like He was saying, "You have delighted in Me so here is the desire of your heart." Ps. 37:4

But the COOLEST thing about this is that it was not just for me! He CAN and DOES do that for EACH of us!! That blows my mind!! If we will LOOK for HIM and LISTEN to Him we will in turn PRAISE Him!! And He is SO worthy of our praise!

May each of us seek to "Draw near to Him and He will draw near to YOU!" James 4:8

Blessings to each of you...

DIGGING DEEPER
Psalm 62:8
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us.
Selah

UPCOMING EVENT
May is fast approaching and we will be hosting our 2nd annual Family Freedom Walk on Saturday, May 8th. You can help in two ways. 1. walk - call guest services to obtain a walk package, solicit sponsors and come to the walk. 2. (this is a fun one) Sponsor Victory Call for the walk. We are having a friendly competition between the 2 groups of devotional readers (Freedom Fighters and Victory Call). Our goal is to raise more funds for the Victory Call team than the men raise for the Freedom Fighter's team. If you would like to join the fun, simply go to this link on our website https://01.secure.elexio.com/donations.aspx?id=366346&websiteurl=http://www.americaskeswick.org&siteid=2184 fill out the information and indicate in the "DESIGNATION" area : Family Freedom Walk: Victory Call or if you prefer make your check out to America's KESWICK and put in the memo line: FFW/Victory Call and mail to : America's KESWICK 601 Route 530 Whiting, NJ 08759. ALL DONATIONS MUST ARRIVE NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, MAY 5TH in order to be counted for our TEAM. Come on ladies, we can do it!!!

No comments: