Monday, October 04, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER PSALM 139:23-24

I love this week's portion of Scripture. I have prayed it many times, and my guess is if you have been a believer any length of time so have you. We are well past half way through the year with our Digging Deeper focus. Each week we are featuring a passage of scripture that several of the Keswick staff are memorizing and we have invited you to join us on this challenging but rewarding journey. If you have not taken up the challenge yet, this would be a great week to jump on board. The passage is brief AND familiar. Won't you join us?

Psalm 139:23-24
23S earch me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!

COMMENTARY
"He (David) appeals to God concerning his sincerity, v. 23, 24. 'Lord, I hope I am not in a wicked way, but see if there be any wicked way in me, any corrupt inclination remaining; let me see it; and root it out of me, for I do not allow it.' Lead me in the way everlasting."

Diane

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery and Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 25 years. She has 2 children, 2+ grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

No comments: