Friday, October 08, 2010

DIGGING DEEPER PSALM 139:23-24

Psalm 139:23-24
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!

Points to Ponder:
I don't know about you but the last person to see and recognize my sin is me. From my experience, it is much easier to see other people's sins than it is to see our own. There are those that thrive on pointing out other's sin, but for the most part, we tend to avoid those kinds of people because they are more interested in other's faults than taking a good, hard, healthy, godly look at themselves.
We will never go wrong if we ask God to do the searching and revealing of our hearts for He knows the hidden things, the deep things of our hearts. If our soul desire is to be righteous and to be like Christ, we will welcome the searching of God's eye even in the deepest parts of our heart, even when it hurts because we know He already has a way out. I really appreciate it when the LORD enlightens me to the sin of my heart. I don't always like it, but I appreciate how intimately involved He is in my life.

Lord, search the hidden things of my heart and lead me in the everlasting way.

Diane

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery and Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 25 years. She has 2 children, 2+ grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

No comments: