Friday, June 03, 2011

Digging Deeper James 3:1 with Points to Ponder

James 3:1
"Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness."

Points to ponder:
For many years I had the privilege to teach women's Bible study. I loved the interaction and opportunity to share God's Word. I have many fond memories of past groups I had the honor to study with. It has been about 18 months since I had to stop teaching due to other demands on my time. Several years ago, a few women joined me to write a Bible study to be used with the wives of the men in the Colony of Mercy. It was an intense and lengthy process of writing. After 5 years we completed the 14-chapter topical study and started using it as the foundation for the Women of Character program for the wives. We have been amazed and humbled by how God has seen fit to use it far beyond the walls of America's Keswick.

Recently, we were offered the opportunity to publish the book and I am currently in the process of working with the publishing house editors. Honestly, it is overwhelming, not just the process but because of the truth of this week's Scripture. The Bible study is a form of teaching and once published we do not have control over who reads it or how they interpret the words or intents. As I review each chapter, I am prayerfully asking God to guide my thoughts and to keep me from error. One day I will stand before God and answer for the words on those pages. I covet your prayers along with me that every word, every thought, every concept be rooted in truth - God's truth - and not my human opinion. God knows who will read it and what life struggles they will be dealing with. Please pray He will guide my pen.

Blessings, Diane

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery and Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 26 years. She has 2 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

No comments: