Friday, September 16, 2011

Digging Deeper James 4:14b with Points to Ponder

"What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes."

Points to Ponder:
Maybe it's age. Maybe it is recent events with a friend's passing. I don't know, but I find myself giving some thought to the "What's next". Are you, like me, living mostly for today? I was thinking this week, am I storing up treasures in heaven? What heavenly reward am I sacrificing because I'm living more the self-life than the surrendered life?

What is a mist? It is nothing of substance that you can grip or grasp, try and it wafts away. Life is much like that. The harder we try to hang on the less of a hold we have on it.

I was reading in Psalms this morning, Psalm 39:4 "O LORD, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!" I wrote in the margin of my Bible, "Lord - am I living in light of eternity?" Because at the end of the day, at the end of my life, eternity will be all that matters.

Blessings,
Diane

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery and Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 26 years. She has 2 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

No comments: