Friday, September 30, 2011

Digging Deeper James 5:1-3 with Points to ponder

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. James 5:1-3

Points to Ponder:
There are so many things in this world vying for our attention. It is very easy to get distracted from what is really important and eternal. If I am not intentional to refocus my eyes, ears and heart it does not take long for me to be more wrapped up in my schedule than in Jesus. When all is said and done, none of those things that distract us have any lasting value. Sure it's easy to look at materialism, and position and power and see they can so easily work against us in our walk with the Savior, but I realize good things can also divide our affections. I think those are the things that are more difficult to discern. So I guess I need to ask myself the question over and over and over, "Do I love Jesus more than these?"

Jesus doesn't want a part of me, He wants ALL of me. Do I love Jesus with my WHOLE heart?

Blessings,
Diane

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery and Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 26 years. She has 2 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

No comments: