Thursday, December 29, 2011

Spirit-Led

Then Jesus answered and said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner." ~John 5:19

One of the believer's greatest joys is being led by the Spirit. What a marvelous thing it is, to be, in a moment of time, experiencing something which you instantly and instinctively know is other than you! In other words it's supernatural! It's led by the Spirit and not of the flesh, lest we boast and seek to take credit for it! Ya'll know what I mean!

Today's air is crisp and cool and the sun shines brightly. The lower lake shimmers and ever so slightly ripples as the fingers of the wind pass over it. Joy wells up within as I behold the wonder, the glory that is creation! The joy I know because of the Creator! I get to share in it with all my senses for no other reason than I am fearfully and wonderfully made! In the image of Him, Who is above all things, we are created to live and move and have our being in Him!

Another joy I experienced today is prayer led simple and purely of the Spirit. Wow! So simple and sweet and such a God-moment!

I went over to the main building (Raws Memorial) this morning and in the process of printing something had a mini-conversation with a dear brother in the Lord! This brother loves Jesus!

There is no pomp and circumstance with him, no pretense, no posturing at the expense of others for us to get a better look at how wonderful he is. He simple is who he is!
Today I was privileged to catch a glimpse of Christ in him as he went from doing one of his daily task to standing a distance from me (he had a cold) and without a speck of fanfare, began to pray.

The hairs stood up on the back of my neck! I was on full alert because I felt the presence of the Spirit there in that moment!

One of the things he prayed, so powerfully, so struck me that I rushed out of the building and back to my office to write this victory call.

In essence, what this brother prayed spoke volumes to me because I saw in that moment the main reason I have been so tired and worn out lately...ok, for many months now.

Jesus said, "...the Son can do nothing of Himself..."

He went on to pray, "Lord, why do we think we can do it all or that we must do it all in our own strength when even you did nothing of Yourself?"

Dear sisters, I don't know if this is speaking to you at all. Maybe it was just for me. But as sure as I know the flesh, I don't think I am alone.

Be encouraged today to behold your God, Maker and King! Cry out to Him for the strength you know you do not have on your own to do what lies before you TODAY!
Pause and pray NOW! Don't wait till later, till you're less busy! You/we need His strength now to abide and endure to the end!

Stephanie

Stephanie Paul, wife and mother of two grown children. An "instrument of change" in the Redeemer's Hand, in the lives of wounded and hurting women. Currently serving as a part of the Addiction Recovery Team at America's Keswick as Woman of Character Program Administrator.

No comments: