Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Encouragement From One Who Has Gone Before-1

I was recently looking through the Victory Call archives and I came across a number of them that were written by our dear sister Dottie Noel who went home to be with Jesus on May 21st of last year. I miss her sweet spirit in this place!

As I read through a number of the Victory Call devotions she had written, my heart and soul were blessed and I thought, "Why not share the blessing with all of our Victory Call subscribers?"

I quickly picked up the phone to call my boss and was given permission to re-feature these treasures so that you might be encouraged and edified as I was. So for the next 4 Victory Call Devotionals be encouraged to live in visible victory COREM DEO (before the face of God) by one who now sits at His feet! May the LORD bless you today as you let your light shine for His glory and honor!!

Let Brotherly Love Continue

As a child, I remember my mother submitting a poem (unknown author) to the radio program, "The Breakfast Club". The poem remained with me as I memorized it as a teen. The title was "The Master Is Coming." God brings it to my mind as I need to be reminded of its message: "too busy for others".

It begins: "the Master is coming to honor the town today and no one can tell at whose house or home the Master will choose to stay".

The woman in the poem is dreaming that the Lord would choose her home. She begins by saying, "Straightway I turned to toiling to make my home more neat". She even decorated her house with flowers to make her home more sweet! But in her busy toiling, she is 'interrupted' by a woman who needed to share her sorrows and receive comfort. The toiling woman was too busy. Next was a little child needing her help, and then a crippled lady. Each time she replied, "I am truly sorry, but I can not help you today, I have greater things to attend to" - and the visitors went away.

Later in her dream this woman is upset that the Lord never visited her home. She had toiled so hard to have things ready for His visit! As you can guess, His reply was this: "Three times I came to your home today, and three times you turned me away!"

This poem brings tears to my eyes as I remember, not just the words, but my mom! She had time for everyone. Our home was open to her friends, children, and also many strangers. The Lord was honored as Mom was the true example of her life verse, Matthew 5:16, "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven." She passed this example of God's love to my sister and me. Our prayer is: "Please, God, let us be there for others as Mom was."

How often does the Lord try to visit your home, but you miss the blessing, because you are "too busy?"

Hebrews 13:1-2, "Let brotherly love continue. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels."

Dottie Noel
Submitted by Stephanie Paul

No comments: