Friday, February 03, 2012

WAITING ON HIM

Psalm 39:7 And now, Lord, what wait I for? My hope is in thee.

Have you ever heard someone say, "Well, what are you waiting for?" It seems I have spent much of my life waiting...for what? Well, as a child, I was waiting to grow up, to go to college and to eventually get married.

After my marriage, I was waiting for children. Then, I was waiting for my children to grow up, graduate from high school, from college, and get married. Then I waited for them to have children and the cycle continues to go round and round. Now I'm waiting for my grandchildren to be married and have children.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the worry that occasionally would rear its ugly head along with the waiting. Then I read the verse that says, Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself (Psalm 37:7). This verse says I'm supposed to REST and WAIT patiently! Besides resting and waiting I'm not supposed to fret. Can you believe it? Is that even possible? Yes, I think it is.

Many times as I have been writing my prayers in my prayer journal, I have written Fret Not. It's as though the Lord is saying to me, "Don't worry, Marilyn. I've heard your request. I will supply your needs. Just WAIT on Me."

While you may be waiting for Mr. Right, a child, or a specific prayer to be answered, He is saying that very same thing to each of you.

Psalm 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself.

Marilyn Willett Heavilin

Marilyn is a wife and mother, author, and international conference and retreat speaker. She and her husband Glen serve as Counselors-in-Residence at America's KESWICK during the summer months.

No comments: