Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Walk

"Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter by it. For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it." Matthew 7:13-14

I was walking last week during the afternoon near the upper lake; it felt like a spring day, it was beautiful out. The sun was brilliant and warm against my face, and then I was so absorbed by the moment that I kept on walking towards the woods. I walked into the woods, the entrance was broad, easy to enter, and this is something that I don't do often. I kept walking and came upon the small bridge looking onto the lake in which the men were working, not sure what the men were doing. I stood there for awhile and talking with God I then realized I went too far, I have to get back.

I wanted to get closer to the lake, to observe the work that was being done. I saw a very narrow path close to the lake, as I walked towards the path and entered it I looked behind and saw the path that I first entered in was broad and inviting. I thought, I should have taken that path to go back, it was much easier. As I walked, it was difficult, I had to be careful of my steps, of my surroundings and I had to stay focused to get to the end of the path. I stopped for a moment to look at the lake, it seemed audible, the Lord was speaking; this is the way our Lord wants His children to walk. The Lord reminded me of the verse, walk the narrow path it leads to life. As I walked out, I was joyful to have spent time with the Lord and feeling the sun on my face again. My confidence is in the Lord, always guiding and protecting me.

May I encourage all, no matter how difficult our situations can be, to keep our eyes focused on the Lord. "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance." James 1:2-3

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8

Glory to God

Sandra Valdes
WOC Graduate

No comments: