Friday, March 23, 2012

WHO IS YOUR STRENGTH?

Ps. 71:18 "Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come."

Well, I finished! The rewrite of Becoming A Woman Of Honor is done. It is now called Profound Common Sense and is written to both men and women. So wouldn't you know that Psalm 71:18 was the first verse I saw after I finished the laborious work of compiling the book. I AM old (at least I feel old) and grayheaded (in case you haven't noticed.) That is my heartfelt cry, "O God, forsake me not" at least "not until I have shown your strength to this generation, and to all generations that are to come." So how do you show "strength"?

I think I show the strength that God has given me by being known as a "survivor." People can see that God has given me endurance. I have walked through a great deal of trauma. I can show God's strength also through my faith in my God. I often think of Job's statement, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him:"

I can also show His strength through my actions. When I am facing trouble, do I show strength by showing faith in God? Do you turn to God immediately when you are facing trouble, or is He turned to as your last resort?

"Dear Lord, help me think of You immediately rather than trying to solve my problems on my own. Please help me not to treat you as my last resort, but I want my very first response to be to turn to You. Thank You, Amen."

Marilyn Willett Heavilin

Marilyn is a wife and mother, author, and international conference and retreat speaker. She and her husband Glen serve as Counselors-in-Residence at America's KESWICK during the summer months.

No comments: