Monday, April 09, 2012

Coming Out of the Fog

May is fast approaching and we will be hosting our 4th Annual Family Freedom Walk on Saturday, May 12th. YOU can help in two ways.

ONE. WALK - call guest services (732.350.1187) to obtain a walk package, solicit sponsors and come to the walk.

TWO. Sponsor Victory Call for the walk. We are having a friendly competition between the 2 groups of devotional readers (Freedom Fighters and Victory Call). Go to
Family Freedom Walk Support . Be sure to designate your gift to FFW: VC

Our goal is to raise more funds by the Victory Call team than the men raise for the Freedom Fighter's team. Last year Victory Call subscribers raised $5,350.00 and Freedom Fighter’s subscribers raised $100.00. Victory Call WON, by ALOT! In reality, the Addiction Recovery ministries won because together we raised $43,136.00!!

Come join in the fun. Please?


I was traveling down Route 539 when up ahead I saw fog and flashing lights. I recalled getting a message that the Fire Department was doing a controlled burn in the area so I was not concerned about what was happening. I am a bad judge of distances, but I will say that for a mile or more I had to drive through smoke. It was a bit eerie. Finally I passed through the smoke and everything was bright and clear again. My thought was this: is what it will be like to arrive in heaven? After being in this world and then in a split second to be with Jesus; To see all things as they should be; To no longer be caught up in the things of this world? YES!

My next thought was that even here and now I often find myself living in a fog. Dwelling on things I cannot change, not being healthy, disciplined and not tending to things that matter most put me in a fog. I find I can be my own worst enemy rather than living life abundantly. My husband says that I love deeply and when relationships cause me pain I tend to take things really hard. True story! And when I am hurt the "facts" run through my head at 100 mph. Then I load up on sugar which causes an even heavier brain fog. And a vicious cycle goes round and round. To clear up the fog I need to keep things in proper perspective, eat right and exercise. It's always a struggle for me. But the fact is I do feel better emotionally and physically when I make better choices.

I share this to ask you what can you do today to get yourself free from the fog that wants to consume you? Prayerfully consider what the Lord might have you do. Don't settle into the fog when you can find clarity and well-being in Jesus Christ, and take steps to take better care of yourself.

Don't know where to start? Here's the best place to begin:
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things. Philippians 4:6-8

Blessings,
Kathy

Kathy's on staff at America's KESWICK in the Development Department. Kathy has been married to her husband Dave for 26 years. They have two adult children. Kathy is active in her local church and has previously served as a Teaching Director for Community Bible Study. Her passion is to encourage women to deepen their walk with Jesus Christ by finding and living out the truths of God's Word.

No comments: