Thursday, April 05, 2012

Knowing God Part 2

Yesterday I shared with you that I felt the Lord has challenged me this year to "know God" as indicated in 1 John 2:13a "I write to you, fathers, because you have known Him who is from the beginning." I believe this has been a call for me to "grow up" in my walk with the Lord. I believe the Lord has challenged me to know His Spirit in a deeper more personal way.

With that in mind, when I heard the following song I couldn't help but jump up and make it mine. I invite you to review the lyrics of this song today and choose this day.......... Is it time for you to GET UP and GROW UP too. Be blessed, know GOD, invite Holy Spirit to direct your life!!

Get Up
I've been bought with a price
I've been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
I've got the love of the Father and His Spirit is living in me
Now I'm having done with my old ways
And I'm looking ahead to some new days
And I'm leaving behind my previous destiny.

I'm ready to get up, show up and speak up
Raise up a howl, put my hand to the plow
I won't back down, back up, quit or let my love grow cold
I'm finished with tame faith, smooth knees, small dreams
No more mundane living or cinchy giving
I've grabbed ahold of the hem of His garment and I won't let go

I've counted the cost
I have stepped across the line
I can't be bought off, scared off, lured away or compromised
My way is straight and my road is narrow
I know He's watching me cause His eye is on the sparrow
And I'm leaning on the everlasting arm until the storm goes by

No more murmuring and no complaining
No more excuses and no more blaming
No more fear or unbelief or mediocrity
I'm gonna get prayed up, paid up
Lord I'm gonna grow up
Whenever there's a need, you can bet I'm gonna show up
And when Jesus comes for His bride
He won't have any problem recognizing me.

Patricia L. Wenzel
WOC Graduate

Get Up
Words by Chuck Pierce and John Dickson
Music by John Dickson
2001 Glory of Zion International Ministries, Inc.
Available at www.gloryofzion.org

No comments: