Monday, April 30, 2012

SPIRITUAL TEST



May is fast approaching and we will be hosting our 4th Annual Family Freedom Walk on Saturday, May 12th. YOU can help in two ways.


ONE. WALK - call guest services (732.350.1187) to obtain a walk package, solicit sponsors and come to the walk.

TWO. Sponsor Victory Call for the walk. We are having a friendly competition between the 2 groups of devotional readers (Freedom Fighters and Victory Call). Go to Family Freedom Walk Support . Be sure to designate your gift to FFW: VC

Our goal is to raise more funds by the Victory Call team than the men raise for the Freedom Fighter's team. Last year Victory Call subscribers raised $5,350.00 and Freedom Fighter’s subscribers raised $100.00. Victory Call WON, by ALOT! In reality, the Addiction Recovery ministries won because together we raised $43,136.00!!

Come join in the fun. Please?

Exodus 20:20 "And Moses said to the people, Do not fear, for God has come to test you, and that His fear may be before you, so that you may not sin."

For as long as I can remember I had to take tests of different sorts for various reasons in my life. Many tests I experienced taking were common: my early years in school, driver's license, and they were simple to take. For my jobs in New York I also had to take a test. One of the jobs I applied for was a Civil Service job with the Department of Health; this test was challenging. The health department did not disclose what kind of test I would be taking at the time. When I had entered the room they were about five people near a large table; on the other side of the table an empty chair. I was instructed to go sit on the other side of the table. As I went around I noticed the camera in front of me and I got very nervous; the test was going to be filmed. They had presented different procedures, all they wanted to know was how I would apply what I had learned to these trials and the red light of the camera came on. I was glad when that test was over.

After living in Keswick for a couple of years I decided to go back to college. I took American Sign Language; every semester I had to take a test with a video camera. How much did I learn and how was I going to make it applicable. At the time I had no idea what I got myself into, it was difficult. After I had completed these semesters, I realized I learned a lot and it was a good experience for me.

I find in the Christian life, God will test the heart of men. His purpose is to know if the man will obey Him whole-heartedly. "And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not" (Deut. 8:2). My God is observing me and wants to know what I have learned from studying His book, the Bible. God will test me to see if I will obey Him, keep His commandments and apply the truth of His word to my life.

Dear Lord, I want to keep your commandments and obey your will; help me, Lord, to do this. I need your strength and guidance every day. Guard my heart that I may not sin against you. I want to pass the spiritual test, winning the race that is set before me. "You have tested my heart; You have visited me in the night; You have tried me and have found nothing; I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress" (Psalm 17:3).

Glory to God

Sandra Valdes
Staff Member - WOC Graduate



No comments: