Friday, April 27, 2012

Lord, Keep Me Still

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

If you were to rate yourself on a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 rating you as a "very quiet still person", how would you rate yourself? For me, I would most likely rate myself between a 5 & 8. There are days that I can remain still and then there are those days that being still isn't an option. Recently, my husband & I took two of our granddaughters on a trip to Oklahoma. We had reservations to fly to Dallas, Texas; on our way to the airport we were notified that our flight was cancelled due to the tornado in the Dallas area. I had a choice to make: "be still and keep calm," "be in the moment and do the next thing," or be rattled. Of course, being rattled would have caused the girls to be alarmed, and I would have missed the opportunity to do the next best thing and that was to "pray". If I had allowed myself to be flustered, prayer would not have entered into my thoughts.

After we prayed we were able to get a later flight. I was thankful that I was "still" enough to know that God was in control and I wasn't. However, the Lord had another test for me to know the importance of "Be still, and know that I am God. ......" because upon arriving in Dallas we found out that there was no shuttle to the hotel that we made reservations with.....now, this was getting testy. It's 10:30 p.m. and we're all tired.....well, we did the next thing. My husband said "let's get the rental car and find a place to stay".

Again, we prayed and we found a really nice hotel. I thank God that I was receptive to hearing His voice, "Be still and know that I am God....." for a couple of good reasons: to be a testimony to my granddaughters and to exalt the Lord.

My dear sisters in Christ, is your life out of control? Is there discouragement in your world? Have your plans been changed? Know this that God desires us to "Be still, be quiet, and know that He is God"...Lord, keep me still in the storms of life! The benefit of being still and knowing that God is God and He can do what He says He can do is priceless.

Blessings,
Pat Spies
Women's Ministry Volunteer

May is fast approaching and we will be hosting our 4th Annual Family Freedom Walk on Saturday, May 12th. YOU can help in two ways.

ONE. WALK - call guest services (732.350.1187) to obtain a walk package, solicit sponsors and come to the walk.

TWO. Sponsor Victory Call for the walk. We are having a friendly competition between the 2 groups of devotional readers (Freedom Fighters and Victory Call). Go to Family Freedom Walk Support . Be sure to designate your gift to FFW: VC

Our goal is to raise more funds by the Victory Call team than the men raise for the Freedom Fighter's team. Last year Victory Call subscribers raised $5,350.00 and Freedom Fighter’s subscribers raised $100.00. Victory Call WON, by ALOT! In reality, the Addiction Recovery ministries won because together we raised $43,136.00!!

Come join in the fun. Please?

No comments: