Friday, May 04, 2012

Keep Praying -Part 2

May is HERE and we will be hosting our 4th Annual Family Freedom Walk on Saturday, May 12th. YOU can help in two ways.


ONE. WALK - call guest services (732.350.1187) to obtain a walk package, solicit sponsors and come to the walk.


TWO. Sponsor Victory Call for the walk. We are having a friendly competition between the 2 groups of devotional readers (Freedom Fighters and Victory Call). Go to Family Freedom Walk Support . Be sure to designate your gift to FFW: VC


Our goal is to raise more funds by the Victory Call team than the men raise for the Freedom Fighter's team. Last year Victory Call subscribers raised $5,350.00 and Freedom Fighter’s subscribers raised $100.00. Victory Call WON, by ALOT! In reality, the Addiction Recovery ministries won because together we raised $43,136.00!!

Come join in the fun. Please?



"Do not consider your maidservant a wicked woman, for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief I have spoken." 1 Samuel 1: 16

Yesterday I encouraged you not to W-H-I-N-E and complain. Today I want to encourage you to go right ahead! What I mean is that while you want to be careful of others hearing you W-H-I-N-E, it is okay to let God know your heart..like what? He doesn't know your heart? We might as well be honest and speak it!

I wish I could remember the context in which I learned this. I know it was in the workplace but I can't remember who said it. What I was told was "to always whine up". The thought was that you don't grumble and complain with your coworkers; that can cause low morale but you whine up to your boss, the one who can do something about your complaint. The point is that there was an order in place for all complaints and grievances. So it is with your heavenly Father. He is in control and He is able to bring about the appropriate responses and actions to your complaint. He knows. He wants to hear from you. Do not fear that it will come out wrong...there is much grace for your hurting heart today.

Blessings,
Kathy

Kathy's on staff at America's KESWICK in the Development Department. Kathy has been married to her husband Dave for 26 years. They have two adult children. Kathy is active in her local church and has previously served as a Teaching Director for Community Bible Study. Her passion is to encourage women to deepen their walk with Jesus Christ by finding and living out the truths of God's Word.





No comments: