Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What to Wear


In a few weeks I will be attending a wedding. While waiting to meet my sisters for lunch I went into a nearby store. I found a really nice dress on sale. I scanned the tag and found it to be on sale lower than the price tag had reflected. I went to try the dress on only to find that the zipper was damaged. Since then I have been looking for another dress but my mind keeps going back to the "perfect" dress with the broken zipper.

Colossians 3:12-17 reminds me about the things I am to put on every day, not just for special occasions. We are told to "put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering, bearing with one another and forgiving one another as Christ has forgiven you, above all these things put on love, let the peace of God rule in your hearts, be thankful, let the word of God dwell in you richly, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus giving thanks to God the Father."

Am I more disappointed in not having the perfect dress when my outer self does not reflect that I have put on what glorifies Jesus Christ? Like the dress that looked so right but had the broken zipper, I can be careful to look just right but end up in need of some repairs from the inside out.

PSALM 91:2 I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

Kathy Withers

Kathy's on staff at America's KESWICK in the Development Department. Kathy has been married to her husband Dave for 26 years. They have two adult children. Kathy is active in her local Church and has previously served as a Teaching Director for Community Bible Study. Her passion is to encourage women to deepen their walk with Jesus Christ by finding and living out the truths of God's Word.

1 comment:

RICHARD ACERRA said...

Very happy to have read you post . Keep up the Lord's work .

Thank you

I'm that broken zipper today, but God is changing my heart for tomorrow.

Richard