Tuesday, May 08, 2012

We are a Covenant People


Recently I have been through a rather involved health related challenge. When you are in that place it can surely test your faith. Yet with it comes an opportunity to be strengthened in your relationship with God, who is truly worthy to be trusted.

I began to think about the COVENANT relationship I am blessed to have with our God. I am so very grateful. I can't even imagine going through the many challenges of life without my God.

Those of us who have made Jesus our personal Lord and Savior have been grafted into the Abrahamic Covenant. Jesus will NEVER break covenant with us. What a blessing to know that God Himself is committed to us as His people. We can walk in the blessings of Abraham. (Deut. 28:1-4) The covenant itself is unconditional and everlasting. (Gen. 15, 17).

I am challenged to walk more fully in this Covenant relationship and to enjoy the fullness of the blessings of living in covenant with God. I believe that this means I need to live more with my identify in Christ. I may be a sinner, but God loved me so much He sent His Son to die for me and chose me for Himself. He is committed to me. I am in covenant with the God of the Universe!! That reality must change the way I meet life's challenges. I can walk into a place of trusting Him more and more each day no matter what is going on in the natural!!

I want to be a woman of the covenant. I believe it is God's desire that I walk in covenant with Him and experience all of His blessings. Psalm 67:6-8 says:

Then the earth shall yield her increase;
God, our own God, shall bless us.
God shall bless us,
And all the ends of the earth shall fear Him. (NKJ)

I believe God wants out lives to overflow with His blessings so much so that unbelievers will want to find out what we have!! It doesn't mean we won't have challenges dear one, but the God of the universe will carry us through it. He will work all things together for our good. (Romans 8:28) Amazing!!

During my recovery people kept saying, "you are so amazingly strong. How do you do it??" I had to tell them, I am not strong. There is no way I can put up with the pain; it is no walk in the park. But my God calls me to rise up. I do because of His grace, His encouragement, His faithfulness. I get up and can't help but praise His holy name because I got up. He is so there for me. He is totally there for you. Why?? Because He is faithful to this Covenant relationship we have with Him in Christ. Don't try to figure it out, just embrace it.

For those of you who want to learn more about living in Covenant I invite you to consider reading at least chapter 9 of a great book written by Dr. Robert Heidler, The Messianic Church Arising. Some of what you have read above has been taken from that book.

Patricia L. Wenzel
WOC graduate

May is here and we will be hosting our 4th Annual Family Freedom Walk on Saturday, May 12th. YOU can help in two ways.



ONE. WALK - call guest services (732.350.1187) to obtain a walk package, solicit sponsors and come to the walk.


TWO. Sponsor Victory Call for the walk. We are having a friendly competition between the 2 groups of devotional readers (Freedom Fighters and Victory Call). Go to Family Freedom Walk Support . Be sure to designate your gift to FFW: VC


Our goal is to raise more funds by the Victory Call team than the men raise for the Freedom Fighter's team. Last year Victory Call subscribers raised $5,350.00 and Freedom Fighter’s subscribers raised $100.00. Victory Call WON, by ALOT! In reality, the Addiction Recovery ministries won because together we raised $43,136.00!!


Come join in the fun. Please?





No comments: