Wednesday, June 01, 2005

It's finally here!!!

It's finally here!!! We have waited a while now, to kick off this new email devotional for women. It was a few months back that Bill approached me and asked me to consider writing a daily devotional for women similar to his daily men's devotional "Freedom Fighters". So after much planning here we are. There will be several women writing for our Victory Call email. I hope and pray you will be challenged and blessed by each one.

I want to start this week with an illustration I often use in my speaking. I share how I religiously make time in my day to sit and watch my exercise videos. I have a whole collection of them. The odd thing is I haven't lost a pound yet! I am kidding of course, but isn't that what we often do with Scripture? We read it as if that in and of itself is enough. Yet we fail to get up and do it. This devotional can fall into the same category. If you faithfully read it but fail to implement what God reveals to you, then you are only deceiving yourself. James 1:22-25, "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will
be blessed in what he does."

Your challenge for today, should you chose to accept it, is to consider how seriously you want to live victoriously, and if you will commit to actively engage yourself in the process of change through being a doer not just a hearer.

Diane

No comments: