Thursday, June 02, 2005

"LORD, I Want to Know You."

In my preparation for Higher Ground (our Monday night women's support group) I came across the following paragraph in Kay Arthur's Bible Study, "LORD, I Want to Know You."

"People often come to us at Precept Ministries seeking our counsel. Before they contact us, many of them have already been under counseling, but to no avail. Sometimes the counseling has been ineffective because the counselee simply would not walk in obedience to godly counsel." (pg. 87)

As a Biblical counselor, I periodically have people come and thank me for making a difference in their life. I don't say that to boast, because honestly, I don't believe it's me, I believe it's them that makes the difference. I tell everyone basically the same things. It is my intention that my counsel not stray from God's truth. I think the difference is evident in those that choose to obey, not me but God and His word. Change is possible through obedience to God and by the power
of the Holy Spirit. Frankly, I'm excited about that. Change is possible since Jesus came. I don't know about you, but I am still in need of change.

Ephesians 4:22-24, "...that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness."

Your challenge for today is to consider that God will bless your obedience through change in your life. All day, remember....change is possible.

Diane

No comments: