Monday, June 06, 2005

This week our theme is going to be the Word of God.

This week our theme is going to be the Word of God. If you have ever heard me speak at a Women's retreat, etc. you have probably heard me say, "I am passionate about two things. The first thing I am passionate about is the Word of God. The second thing I am passionate about is
Jesus Christ, my Heavenly Husband." You see one of the benefits of being a speaker is the opportunity to spend a lot of dedicated time researching and studying a particular topic. Also, as a counselor, I am always looking for ways to maximize the value and impact of counseling for an individual or couple. For sure, being in the Word of God is vital for genuine, long-lasting, godly change.

About 9 years ago, I went through a season of depression and anxiety. It was an extremely difficult time in my life. During that time, God drew my eye to Psalm 107:10-16. That is fodder for another devotional. Following those verses, I read verses 19 and 20. "Then they cried out
to the LORD in their trouble, and He saved them out of their distresses, He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions." He sent His word and healed them... Do you need healing in your life? Are you broken, hurting, depressed, angry, bitter, or desperate? Go to God's Word for healing. Are you happy, content, joyful, strong and whole? Go to God's Word to maintain your "health".

Regular, intentional, focused times in God's Word are vital for the healing of a hurting heart. God's Word is as important to your soul and spirit as food is to your body. Isaiah 55:2, "Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in abundance."

Your challenge for today is to spend at least 15 minutes (more if possible) reading in one section to Scripture. Ask God to give you insight into Himself.

Diane

No comments: