Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Oopsie

I goofed. I admit it. I goofed. Yesterday, when it was time to send out VC, I did not have my VC file available so I guessed at what our topic for the week was, and I guessed wrong. When I got to the office, and realized my mistake, my first thought was how can I cover for this error so no one will know I goofed. Then I had to chuckle when I realized our theme for this week is pride and I was getting a live lesson on the pride in my own heart. So I decided to admit my blunder
and send you both of the VC from yesterday and today. I apologize for the confusion.

Ask we kick off another week, fasten your seatbelts. Our theme this last week of June is Pride.

About a year ago, I was driving home from Higher Ground, our women's Bible study/support group. I was talking with the Lord about Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is living and owerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

I was sharing with the women that night, as I often do, that it is vital for them to be in God's word, because He uses it to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart. On my way home, I was sharing with God, that it had been a while since I had personally experienced that myself and asked Him to discern the thoughts and intents of my heart through the reading of the Word.

The next morning, that's right, the next morning, in my quiet time, I was reading Psalm 12, when I read verses 3-4, "May the LORD cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaks proud things, Who have said, "With our tongue we will prevail; our lips are our own; who is lord over us?"" Now, at first glance, I thought this was a great counseling resource, so I slowed down and reread it very carefully. As I was reading it through the second time, the Lord convicted me that this verse was not for my counselees, it was for me. That was me, I had a proud tongue.

My first reaction was to smile. The Lord answered my prayer. He discerned the thoughts and intents of my heart with His Word. I don't know what surprised me more, that God answered my prayer or that I had a proud tongue.

One of the things I will do this week is illustrate the many faces of pride.

Have a great week.

Diane

No comments: