Friday, May 19, 2006

He will be your God and you shall be His daughter

"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" 1 John 5:3-5

Last week we looked at people from the Bible that started well but did not finish well. This week we considered Biblical examples of those that did not start well, but finished well. I want to close out this two week series by refreshing your spirit with promises to those who finish well.

Revelation 2:7; "...To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God."

Revelation 2:11; "...He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death."'

Revelation 2:17; "...To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it."'

Revelation 2:25-26; "But hold fast what you have till I come. And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations..."

Revelation 3:5; "He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels."

Revelation 3:12; "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name."

Revelation 3:21; "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne."

Revelation 21:7; "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son."

Whether you started well or not, if you have surrendered your life to Jesus Christ and set your affections upon Him, if you have been regenerated, saved, born-again... you can finish well. You can prevail and overcome and inherit all things. He will be your God and you shall be His daughter.

Diane

No comments: