Monday, May 22, 2006

Hope for Change

Recently, we began a new facet of our Heart-to-Heart Newsletter for the women and grads of the WOC Program. Every other month we plan to share a woman's testimony who has experiences not just God's saving power but also His transforming power. The first, "Thus Far..." testimony went out in April. The woman that wrote that testimony recently sent the following email to Stephanie:

"I just want to thank you for getting my testimony out there. I have experienced such wonderful healing from the Lord and it's awesome that I had a chance to share it with others.
I never realized how ashamed I was of my self and my past until I started writing my testimony. I started to figure out that the reproach that I was wearing was not of God. He has a life of victory just waiting for me to embrace! It means so much to me to get all of the things I was so ashamed of off of my chest. I feel like the power I had given the enemy is GONE! When I started to get honest with myself and then others, his grip on me was defeated. PRAISE THE LORD!
I have tears in my eyes just writing this and thinking about how far God has brought me. HE IS SO AMAZING."

I share that with you to encourage and edify your heart. Sometimes when we are going through a season of suffering or trial we begin to believe this is all there is. Every day will be like today. In Jesus Christ there is hope for genuine change, lasting change, heart change. This woman has experienced it. You can to!
Romans 15:13, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Diane

No comments: