Monday, July 30, 2007

God Put A Rainbow in the Sky

God put a rainbow in the sky...

God put a rainbow in the sky
When the sun came shinning though
Then we knew the storm was through
God put a rainbow in the clouds....

This is a silly little song that we sing in our Sunday School with the kids. Sometimes life can be a bit stormy. There are days I will sit at my kitchen table with my coffee in hand and wonder what is going on.

For a few weeks my family has been hit with one storm after another. My oldest son said to me, "What in the world is going on with our family". Not only me and my husband but my two sons were feeling it too.

It seems at times that you can really feel rain drops hitting your life and storms racing through your soul. That day when he said this to me this song popped in my head and I decided to sing it all day. It did bring a smile to my face.

I had to remind both my son and my self to stop looking at the storm and complaining but to turn the complaints into prayer. I decided to thank the Lord for all he has done in my life and is doing even through the storms.

The rainbows are in the sky of our life again and the storms are settling down but I know they will return at another time.

Sing this song with me and we can weather the storms together. May the Lord continue to bring us all a rainbow to show us His love and guidance in our lives.

God put a rainbow in the sky
When the sun came shinning though
Then we knew the storm was through
God put a rainbow in the clouds....


Lynn W

No comments: