Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Have A Face Like Flint

I Have Set My Face Like Flint

Have you ever heard someone use a phrase and wonder what does that really mean?
Recently this phrase- I have set my face like flint- had me wondering not only what it meant but how does one set their face like flint? I must begin with the word flint. Flint literally means rock. Well, that is helpful for me. It means I have to understand that I must set my face like rock towards the difficult tasks in front of me. For Jesus it was the Cross. He was determined to fulfill ALL that the Father had told him to do. For me right now I need to set my face like flint as I struggle to exercise, as I pray for our prodigal and as I constantly see the deceit in my own heart that I need to deal with. Setting our face like flint will mean that we are determined to be unmovable. We will remain strong. We will finish ALL that God has told us to do even when it seems impossible! But how did Jesus and how will you and I be able to remain strong like flint? Isaiah 50:7 says " For the Lord God will help me; Therefore I will not be disgraced; Therefore I have set my face like a flint , and I know that I will not be ashamed." We have a strong, powerful God who is ready, willing and able to keep us strong regardless of what difficulties seem to be in our way. 1 Corinthians 15:58 also says "be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain." What is before you today? What tasks are heavy on your heart? Set your face like flint! Be a rock of Gods strength knowing for certain that He is for you in all you do! And remember- The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us!
Kathy

No comments: