Thursday, September 06, 2007

Developing "Spiritual Receptivity"

Developing "Spiritual Receptivity"

Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident...Hear me as I pray, O LORD. Be merciful and answer me! My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me." And my heart responds, "LORD, I am coming."...Yet I am confident I will see the LORD's goodness while I am here in the land of the living...Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.
Psalm 27:3, 7, 8, 13, 14 (selected verses, please take the time to read the entire Psalm)

To develop spiritual receptivity we must begin with putting our trust wholly in God. Trusting that God is Who He says He is and that He can do what He says He can do in our lives (Beth Moore). To trust Him, we need to be in His Holy Word to know just who our God is and what His promises are. It's in the Word that we are called to seek God with all of our hearts. When we are pursuing God we are saying we aren't satisfied with a second rate relationship with Him. In pursuing Him we are willing to seek Him with all our hearts, with all our minds, and will all our souls.
1 Chronicles 28:9 ...If you seek Him, He will be found by you..."
There isn't a magic formula to developing spiritual receptivity...all we need is a hungry heart that will not settle for second rate faith. Here are some ways we can pursue God's voice. We begin with a change of heart as we go to church on Sunday morning. We enter the sanctuary with a heart attitude of worship. Remember we are going to be in the presence of God! That alone should excite us!
Approach God with a desire to know Him in a deeper and more personal way. If you haven't done so in the past, repent of your poor attitude and get ready to worship...be excited about meeting with God! Go with a heart and mind that expects to meet with God.
If you expect to meet with Him...YOU WILL!

MaryAnn

A.W. Tozer, A 31 Day Experience, The Pursuit of God

No comments: