Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Spilled Milk

Spilled Milk
"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." ~~Hebrews 4:12 Aren't you glad that Father has the ability to discern our deepest inmost parts? Isn't it freeing to know that you can bring your life -just as it is- to the altar receiving the peace, joy, and love of God, even if you made a huge mess along the way?
Let me tell you something. I am so, so glad that it is not up to me to judge the thoughts and intents of a persons heart. I am redeemed, set free and set apart for the glory of God, and on my best day I am not equipped to judge a person's heart. To some extent I can judge deeds; meaning I am capable of judging outward expressions but I'd never really rightly know the intent of ones heart. Unless I was willing to see and hear through the eyes and ears of grace, I wouldn't even come close. I might, somehow, be able to get closer to the truth of a matter if I allow myself to be governed by the Spirit of Christ in me.
Do you ever wonder how God sees what you do for Him? Do you ever find yourself striving and not quite making it because you believe it isn't right enough or good enough for the Father to lay eyes on? Does shame, doubt, confusion or fear keep you huddled in a corner afraid to approach our gracious Heavenly Lord?
Dear one, God knows your heart. He knows it! Don't allow anyone to rob you of what God has done for you and in you. Jesus and Jesus alone intercedes on your behalf. It doesn't get any better than that!
Let me share a picture with you that the Lord dropped into my spirit recently.
A small child seeking to bless his Mama with a nice cool glass of sweet tea enters the room where her mother -the object of her affection- is busy folding the mounds of laundry she just finished washing. Mother notices that the glass is filled almost to the brim and that her little one is wearing her dress up clothes (high heels, mamas old dress and the hat to boot). "It'll be a miracle if that child of mine doesn't spill that tea," she thinks to herself.
No sooner was the thought completed and down she went. Tripping over her own feet she lost hold of the glass, which landed all over the clean laundry just about time that she hit the floor with a thud.
Unhurt, she grabbed hold of the table to steady her, and stood up on her shaky, high heeled feet. Slowly and carefully she lifted her eyes to look in her Mama's face, oh so afraid of what she would see. Tears were already forming in her eyes yet she fought hard against her desire to cry because "big girls don't cry." It was almost too difficult to do but she forced her eyes to seek her mother's eyes and she'd never ever forget what she saw there. Stephanie

No comments: