Monday, August 04, 2008

Hell -- Revisited

Hell - revisited

Last month I wrote a weeks series on the topic of a literal hell. It has been very interesting to me to hear the comments, both negative and positive, mostly positive. It is incumbent upon me to perhaps clarify what I was trying to communicate that in some ways I may have failed.

I am NOT suggesting we become rude, Bible-thumpers that people flee from when they see us coming. I am NOT suggesting we move on ahead of God and take things into our own hands and speak over people to get them to hear the truth. I am NOT suggesting we become like bulls in a china shop. I AM suggesting we embrace God's will and work so we are prepared to speak truth at every opportunity and to persuade people not trample them. I like what Henry Blackaby said in "Experiencing God," pg 13 ~ Jesus watched to see where the Father was at work and joined Him."

But Jesus answered them, 'My Father has been working until now, and I have been working...' Then Jesus answered and said to them, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel.'" John 5:17, 19-20

So, all that to say, may we never run ahead of God nor lag behind but walk with Him prepared to speak every time He opens the door of opportunity. May we speak truth from a heart of passion for lost souls. Diane Hunt is Director of Addiction Recovery Ministries at America's KESWICK

No comments: