Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Victory Call

Four and a half years ago, Victory Call was launched after months of prompting and prodding by my boss, Bill Welte. At that time I gathered a handful of women to join me in this endeavor to write brief devotionals to encourage the hearts of women to walk in victory. In the written guidelines I gave each of them I shared our purpose: "VICTORY Call is a 5-day a week, email devotional, to encourage and challenge women to live in visible victory in their daily lives, through their walk with Jesus Christ ...Our goal is to encourage, teach, inform and challenge women in such a way as to promote spiritual growth and personal devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ."

As is typical, when we agree to do such a thing, God sets to work to provide us life lessons to communicate to our readers. At this point, I think we have 800+ subscribers plus our friends on Facebook and other distribution sources.

Over the years you may have noticed that some of the original writers have stopped writing. Often their reasoning is that they don't know what to write or they don't write like the other VC writers. I continue to encourage them to write because we need the variety to reach our broad scope of readers.

Recently in my reading through First and Second Corinthians I nestled into 1 Corinthians 2:1-5. God has used these verses to challenge and encourage me in my writing (especially when I can't think of anything to write about) and in my speaking ministry.

"And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." 1 Corinthians 2:1-5

All that to say - Victory Call is not about us "wowing" you with our wit and wisdom, wordsmithing or elegant phraseology, yet sometimes we can get caught up in that. Rather it is our desire that it be a demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith, your encouragement, might not rest in our wisdom but in the power of God.

Amen!!

Diane

No comments: