Monday, January 11, 2010

Called to Freedom

Galatians 5:13, "For you were called to freedom, brothers..."

If we are called to freedom, why do so many live in bondage?

John 8:32, "and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
If truth sets us free, yet we are living in bondage, then we must not believe truth because the Scripture says, if they know truth they will be free.

The missing factor is not knowledge but belief. It's often not that we don't know the truth but that we don't genuinely believe it.

I know God is trustworthy, but if I don't believe it, I will live in fear.
I know God is good, but if I don't believe it, I will live in doubt.
I know God is sovereign, but if I don't believe it, I will live seeking control.
I know God is mighty, but if I don't believe it, I will live pridefully.

The greatest determiner of what we genuinely believe is not what we say we believe but what we do. Vikki Arudda, "We act upon what we believe not upon what we know."1

If you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, you were called to freedom. Are you living and enjoying that freedom?

Diane

1 Vicki Arudda, quoted in "Praying God's Word" by Beth Moore

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning and thank you for your continued posts. Regarding the article this morning, what is "Living in bondage"?

Unknown said...

Good morning and thank you for your continued posts. Regarding the article this morning, what is "Living in bondage"?