Tuesday, January 05, 2010

SHY ABOUT PRAYING?

Have you ever heard someone say, "Oh no, I don't pray out loud. I don't pray well enough to let others hear?"

Years ago, I heard a young mom say, "Sometimes I am so hungry to have an adult conversation, that I call my husband, and when he answers I say, 'Da da goo goo!'"

That set me to thinking that when my children were little, I delighted in hearing them say, "Da da, goo goo."

I would imagine the Lord is the same way. Even if we just say, "Da da, goo goo," I believe the Lord would be thrilled to hear our simple utterings. We are talking to Him! It doesn't matter what we say or how we say it. We are talking to Him and He is listening. I'm sure He is saying, "That's my child! Just listen. She's talking to Me!"

Jeremiah 33:3 states, "Call to me, and I will answer thee." Note that the verse does not say, "Call to me in a proper and correct way, and I will answer thee." Any of us can call, but it may well be a different way, yet God has promised to acknowledge our request.

So I encourage you to take a chance; talk out loud to Him.

"The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer" (Psalm 6:9 NIV).

MWH

No comments: