Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Am I trusted and informed?

We've been having some difficulty with emailing out Victory Call recently, as I'm sure you've noticed. Yesterday was a repeat, but the one that should actually have been sent is on the website - you can read it by clicking http://www.americaskeswick.org/364473.ihtml#h_2859.


Good question. The answer: most of the time but not always, and not as much as I should be. I'd like to be a person who cares enough to stay connected and can be trusted. I have a few good examples to follow, praise the Lord! They are people that fear God, love God and love me. Last, but most important, THEY PRAY! I know I can go to them and open up about my struggles, joys, fears, all of it - and they will respond with truth and love. I trust them and I want them and others to feel safe trusting me and know that I respect their privacy. I tend to be a very private person, and it is a struggle not to become prideful and isolated. Maybe you can relate, or maybe you are just the opposite, constantly networking in one form or another, priding yourself on always being "in the know?" I'm learning to balance and grow in this area and I'm certain that's what the Lord has in mind. Do we care enough to know and do we know enough to care?

The following is an excerpt from the next edition of Keswick Today and I use it with the author's permission:

"The world appears to be infatuated with the concept of networking. Everyone seems to be texting this, tweeting that, Facebooking something else and going to chat rooms for "real" relationships with other people. With all this noise, the concept of being "trusted and informed" seems almost old-fashioned compared to a loudly shouted opinion. What we have learned is that these networks can too easily become a means to betray confidences, spread rumors and destroy reputations. Rather than maximizing the quality, relevance and ease of communication, these networks must be carefully managed and controlled to avoid harm."

NETWORKING IS ALL ABOUT TRUST

by Bill Janson, Director- The Pines at Whiting

Lord, help me, us, to be trusted, caring members of Your Network! "And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested." 1 Chronicles 4:10 (NKJV)

Dina Seaton

Dina Seaton Marketing Assistant, Staff Writer America's KESWICK

DIGGING DEEPER: James 2:1-7
1 My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. 2 For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, 3 and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, "You sit here in a good place," while you say to the poor man, "You stand over there," or, "Sit down at my feet," 4 have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? 5 Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him? 6But you have dishonored the poor man. Are not the rich the ones who oppress you, and the ones who drag you into court? 7Are they not the ones who blaspheme the honorable name by which you were called?

UPCOMING EVENT
May is fast approaching and we will be hosting our 3rd annual Family Freedom Walk on Saturday, May 7th. You can help in two ways. 1. walk - call guest services to obtain a walk package, solicit sponsors and come to the walk. 2. (this is a fun one) Sponsor Victory Call for the walk. We are having a friendly competition between the 2 groups of devotional readers (Freedom Fighters and Victory Call). Our goal is to raise more funds by the Victory Call team than the men raise for the Freedom Fighter's team. Last year Victory Call subscribers raised $760.00 and Freedom Fighter’s subscribers raised $725.00. Victory Call WON! In reality, the Addiction Recovery ministries won because together we raised $48,968.65.

If you would like to join the fun, simply go to this link on our website https://01.secure.elexio.com/donations.aspx?id=366346&websiteurl=http://www.americaskeswick.org&siteid=2184 fill out the information and indicate in the "DESIGNATION" area : Family Freedom Walk: Victory Call or if you prefer make your check out to America's KESWICK and put in the memo line: FFW/Victory Call and mail to : America's KESWICK 601 Route 530 Whiting, NJ 08759. ALL DONATIONS MUST ARRIVE NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, MAY 7th at 2 PM in order to be counted for our TEAM. Come on ladies, we can do it!!!

No comments: