Wednesday, April 20, 2011

DREAMS

I had a dream (no, this is not Martin Luther King, Jr.'s speech) the other night and was surprised with the ending!

As you know dreams can be really weird and not make any sense. Well, this one was sort of that way but in the end it made a lot of sense!

So if you will bear with me I will try to explain the lesson I found in it.

I remember trying to get to a counseling appointment and it just seemed like one thing after the other was preventing me from getting there. I will spare you the "weirdness" part, but I remember being worn out from exhausting ALL my energy to get to this counselor that I finally sat down, put my face into my hands and began to cry, for at that point I felt beaten down, helpLESS, and hopeLESS. Take a minute and just picture yourself like that.... Have you ever felt like that? Ok, so now back to the dream: Through my tears I just cried out, "Lord, I just can't do this! I can't make it!" And then I woke up! And I thought, "How TRUE!!! I can't make it. I can't do this! That is where I need to go, not necessarily to a counselor but to THE Counselor!!" I need to cry out to Jesus!! Instead of pouring my heart out to a counselor here on earth, I need to pour my heart out to my Savior!! Verses started coming to mind,

"Be anxious for NOTHING, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known TO God. And the PEACE of God, which SURPASSES all comprehension, will GUARD your hearts and your MINDS in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6,7

"Trust in Him at all times, O people; POUR OUT your heart before Him; God IS a REFUGE for us. Selah." Psalm 62:8

So if you are burdened down today with something that just seems hopeless or never-ending, cry out to Jesus, pour your heart out to Him, for He wants us to come TO Him. We can't do it on our own. He wants all of who we are, not just part of us. Be willing to give Him ALL of you. And HE will be your REFUGE and STRENGTH...

Sue Mercer
Women of Character Graduate

DIGGING DEEPER
James 2:8-9
8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing well. 9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors.


UPCOMING EVENT
May is fast approaching and we will be hosting our 3rd annual Family Freedom Walk on Saturday, May 7th. You can help in two ways. 1. walk - call guest services to obtain a walk package, solicit sponsors and come to the walk. 2. (this is a fun one) Sponsor Victory Call for the walk. We are having a friendly competition between the 2 groups of devotional readers (Freedom Fighters and Victory Call). Our goal is to raise more funds by the Victory Call team than the men raise for the Freedom Fighter's team. Last year Victory Call subscribers raised $760.00 and Freedom Fighter’s subscribers raised $725.00. Victory Call WON! In reality, the Addiction Recovery ministries won because together we raised $48,968.65.

If you would like to join the fun, simply go to this link on our website https://01.secure.elexio.com/donations.aspx?id=366346&websiteurl=http://www.americaskeswick.org&siteid=2184 fill out the information and indicate in the "DESIGNATION" area : Family Freedom Walk: Victory Call or if you prefer make your check out to America's KESWICK and put in the memo line: FFW/Victory Call and mail to : America's KESWICK 601 Route 530 Whiting, NJ 08759. ALL DONATIONS MUST ARRIVE NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, MAY 7th at 2 PM in order to be counted for our TEAM. We’re in the lead, ladies! Let’s keep up the good work!!

No comments: