Friday, April 29, 2011

Digging Deeper James 2:10-11 Points to Ponder

James 2:10-11 For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it. For he who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." If you do not commit adultery but do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

I think most of us have no problem acknowledging that we are sinners, but there certainly are people out there that just don't get it. There is no way they believe they are sinners. I remember speaking to a woman one time and in the process of sharing the gospel with her, I asked if she was a sinner. She said, "no way, I've never done anything that bad. Maybe some stuff that would put me in jail but certainly not anything that would make me a sinner." How interesting some people's views of sin are.

I spoke at a ladies lunch one time and was told by the organizer that I should not mention sin because it left people with a bad feeling. Wow!

If we don't see our sin, acknowledge our sin, confess our sin, how would we ever know our need for a Savior?

If I'm not lost, I don't need to befound.
If I'm not dead, I don't need life.
If I'm not in the dark, I don't need light.
If I'm not a slave, I don't need to be redeemed.
If I am not in bondage, I don't need freedom.
If I am not a sinner, I don't need a Savior.

As Christians, Jesus died for all of our sins. Jesus died for each of our sins. Each one required payment. Each one required the shedding of blood, the priceless blood of Jesus.

Rejoice that there is a Savior for us transgressors.

Diane

Diane Hunt is the Director of Addiction Recovery and Development at America's KESWICK. In addition to her Keswick responsibilities which keep her busy, she loves to read, write and teach, travel and laugh with her grandchildren. Diane has been married to her husband John over 26 years. She has 2 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 step-children, and 7 step-grandchildren.

UPCOMING EVENT
May is fast approaching and we will be hosting our 3rd annual Family Freedom Walk on Saturday, May 7th. You can help in two ways. 1. walk - call guest services to obtain a walk package, solicit sponsors and come to the walk. 2. (this is a fun one) Sponsor Victory Call for the walk. We are having a friendly competition between the 2 groups of devotional readers (Freedom Fighters and Victory Call). Our goal is to raise more funds by the Victory Call team than the men raise for the Freedom Fighter's team. Last year Victory Call subscribers raised $760.00 and Freedom Fighter’s subscribers raised $725.00. Victory Call WON! In reality, the Addiction Recovery ministries won because together we raised $48,968.65.

If you would like to join the fun, simply go to this link on our website https://01.secure.elexio.com/donations.aspx?id=366346&websiteurl=http://www.americaskeswick.org&siteid=2184 fill out the information and indicate in the "DESIGNATION" area : Family Freedom Walk: Victory Call or if you prefer make your check out to America's KESWICK and put in the memo line: FFW/Victory Call and mail to : America's KESWICK 601 Route 530 Whiting, NJ 08759. ALL DONATIONS MUST ARRIVE NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, MAY 7th at 2 PM in order to be counted for our TEAM. We’re in the lead, ladies! Let’s keep up the good work!!

No comments: