Thursday, October 13, 2005

Cuz I Wanna

?But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.? Romans 7:23

I think we do what we do because, at the moment, it is what we really want to do.

We are all pretty busy, some more than others. Isn?t it odd that when we get a call to go to a meeting at church but we?re just too busy, but when a friend calls for lunch we seem to be able to squeeze out time to do that. The reality is, we don?t want to do the church meeting but we do want to spend time with our friend.

We do what we do because, at the moment, it is what we really want to do.

In one of our couples meetings last year, I was sharing with the couples that our words indicate what we really believe in our hearts. One of the men vehemently opposed that saying he has said terrible things to his wife, he didn?t really mean. I disagreed with him saying that at that moment, you certainly did mean it. Maybe he didn?t believe it in his calmer moments but in his fit of anger, I believe he said exactly what he meant.

We do what we do because, at the moment, it is what we really want to do.

Let?s hit a little closer to home. How about healthy eating. We say we want to eat healthy, but when it comes down to making a choice at lunch what do we choose? Do we choose the healthy option or not?

We do what we do because, at the moment, it is what we really want to do.

What is your life demonstrating you really want to do? In what areas of your life are you living out the ?cuz I wanna? attitude?

Diane

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You have received this email either because you either subscribed via www.americaskeswick.org, or you filled out a subscription card at America's KESWICK to receive the daily Victory Call email.

You are subscribed to this list as ssutter.victorycall@blogger.com. If you do not want to continue your subscription, reply to victorycall-unsubscribe@lists.americaskeswick.org

No comments: