Monday, October 31, 2005

More than conquerors

Romans 8:37, "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."

Is there an area of your life that you have struggled with far too long? Perhaps even since childhood? Do you find yourself falling in the same area over and over? Maybe you are even too embarrassed to approach the Throne AGAIN to ask forgiveness. I've heard it many times; in fact, I've even felt the same myself. Yet when I sought the face of God anyway, God met me there and didn't frown, or chastise me. He forgave me.
I want to talk about those stubborn areas of your life where perhaps you even feel hopeless that things will ever change. You have been this way sooooo long but see not change, as hard as you try. Well, let me share a word of encouragement from Beth Moore's book, Praying God's Prayer:
"The enemy taunts us with whispers like, 'You'll never be free. You've tried a hundred times. You go back every time. You're hopeless. You're weak. You're a failure. You don't have what it takes.' Every one of these statements about you is a lie if you are a believer in Christ. You do have what it takes. You have Jesus - the Way, the truth, and the Life. But you can't just believe in Him to be free from your stronghold. You must believe Him. Believe He can do what He says He can do. Believe you can do what He says you can do. Believe He is who He says He is. And believe you are who He says you are" (pg. 35).

Have you heard those whispers lately? It's time to see those lies for what they are and to choose to BELIEVE GOD. You can overcome and have glorious visible victory!

Diane


No comments: